Help Porting Firebird 3.0

Gelson Borsoi gelson at borsoi.com.br
Thu Mar 18 18:20:29 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am trying to port Firebird 3.0.7 to FreeBSD.

I created a Makefile and found some necessary patches.

I have successfully compiled the source code but I have difficulty to finish
the Makefile to install it in the correct folders.

I actually did a completely manual installation to test and it worked in
12.2 and 13 amd64.

Another problem was that I had to copy the content of the
“/usr/local/include” folder to “/usr/include” and “/usr/local/lib” to
“/usr/lib” because the configure process did not find some files related to
devel/icu and math/tommath.

Questions:

1- How do I make "configure process" include the folders
“/usr/local/include” and “/usr/local/lib” in the search for headers files
(.h) and Shared Objects (.so) without the need to copy the files?

2- Could someone with experience with ports help me finish the "Makefile" to
install and finalize the port?

I can provide the "Makefile" and the patches. Any help is welcome as it
would be one more software for the ports and community.

Gelson Borsoi

Chapecó – SC – Brazil