www/joomla3 is no longer in the FreeBSD pkg repo

Chris Rees crees at bayofrum.net
Thu Mar 4 13:10:44 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 04/03/2021 10:44, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Am 04.03.2021 um 11:26 schrieb Patrick M. Hausen <hausen at punkt.de>:
>>
>> I would be very interested to know when the distribution file on the FreeBSD "distfiles"
>> archive was exchanged, and and why?
> I did a quick search on one of our older poudriere installations and *bingo*.
> In the distfile cache I found this file:
>
> $ ll PDFlib-Lite-7.0.5p3.tar.gz
> -rw-r--r--  1 pmh  staff  8179201  4 Mär 11:38 PDFlib-Lite-7.0.5p3.tar.gz
> $ shasum PDFlib-Lite-7.0.5p3.tar.gz
> 42e0605ae21f4b6d25fa2d20e78fed6df36fbaa9  PDFlib-Lite-7.0.5p3.tar.gz
>
> Which contains the old license I am referring to.
>
> Anyone want a copy of that archive?

That's the actual archive that's been in the port since 2012 :)

It seems to me that dist-mirror and pkg-mirror in
ports/Mk/bsd.licenses.mk could be met by this, but not auto-accept.
It'd mean that we had non-free/restricted software being distributed in FTP.

There are two ways around this if you want joomla3 packaged:

- Negotiate with PDFlib GmbH (you might be better at German than me...)
to allow for commercial use of pdflib (unlikely)

- Stop joomla3 depending on PDFlib by default.

Does it work without PDFlib?  If so, I suggest the latter, and that's
easy to do.

Chris