need a mentor/reviewer for a nfs-over-tls port

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Wed Jan 27 09:43:52 UTC 2021

Quoting Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca> (from Wed, 27 Jan 2021
01:59:21 +0000):

> Hi,
>
> I am a src committer and have created a port for the
> userland daemons needed to implement nfs-over-tls.
>
> It is my understanding that I can commit the port
> once it is reviewed and approved by someone with a
> ports commit bit.
> --> So I am looking for a volunteer.

It seems you are modifying the category-Makefile by hand. There is the
script /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/addport which takes care about this
(and other things). This script will not modify your current tree, but
checkout a temporary copy of the ports Mk directory and the category
Makefile, make the modification there, and then commit it for you.

You can run "addport -n -a -d nfs-over-tls" in the parent directory of
the nfs-over-tls directory and it will do a test run with some checks
without committing anything (because of the -n option). What it prints
out is:
WARN: Makefile: [14]: use a tab (not space) after a variable name
WARN: Consider to set DEVELOPER=yes in /etc/make.conf
0 fatal errors and 2 warnings found.

I also tried (as root, so that I do not have to change the
WRKDIRPREFIX and such, and with the option "-m" it does not have svn
access to the repo) "addport -n -at -m -d nfs-over-tls" but it fails
fetching the openssl-3.0.0-alpha8.tar.gz, so a test-build (with
DEVELOPER=YES in make.conf) fails (my ports tree may need an
update...). This is supposed to detect pkg-plist issues.

As we do not have KTLS in every release, I suggest to add a guard to
only build it on supported releases. See
https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook/#porting-versions
and use IGNORE=... in such cases.

Bye,
Alexander.