Pinentry

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Jan 25 18:00:49 UTC 2021

I ma trying to figure out why pin entry and pinetnry-tty are installed. If I try to remove it, I get a list of post that are to be deleted.

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        gnupg: 2.2.27
        gpgme: 1.15.1
        mimedefang: 2.83_3
        mutt: 2.0.4
        pinentry: 1.1.0_7
        pinentry-tty: 1.1.0
        spamass-milter: 0.4.0_4
        spamassassin: 3.4.4
        subversion: 1.14.0

I've looked through he config for all of these and not seen anything about PIN entry, and am wondering why it would be required to run any of these packages.

I cannot imagine any circumstances in which I would need to enter a PIN on a TTY and no one else could possibly do so.

I suspect mutt since it is relatively newly installed, nut I see nothing in the config that seems like it wold disable this. (Mutt is used as a convenient way to send html formatted mail of some system events), it is not used to access mail off the server and is only used by me to access mail on the server.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Well, I think so, Brain, but first you'd have to take that whole