poudriere merging multiple ports trees

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun Jan 24 20:55:35 UTC 2021

On 24/01/2021 20:35, Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am completely ignorant here and am looking for up to
> date advice on how to get poudriere to build and make
> available package sets from multiple ports trees.  I
> see there is a port "portshaker" that seems to do much
> of what I want.

[...]

Ports and poudriere supports "overlay" for some time (it was added in
the last year)

So you can use default ports tree plus your own tree with own ports or
modified existing ports and build packages from both of them.

Both ports trees must be registred in poudriere. In this example it will
be "default" and "mfh_overlay". The second contains my modifications.

# poudriere ports -l
PORTSTREE   METHOD    TIMESTAMP           PATH
default     svn+https 2021-01-15 20:23:10 /vol0/poudriere/ports/default
headtest    portsnap  2020-03-10 12:37:55 /vol0/poudriere/ports/headtest
mfh_overlay svn+https 2019-11-04 16:33:04 /vol0/poudriere/ports/mfh_overlay

And the you can run "poudriere bulk" command with -O and the name of
your "overlay" tree - "mfh_overlay" in this case ("monitoring" is the
name of my packages set used only on machines doing monitoring stuff)

# poudriere bulk -v -j 11_4_amd64 -z monitoring -p default -O
mfh_overlay -f /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/pkglists/monitoring

But there is one problem. "poudriere bulk" supports overlay with -O but
"poudriere options" not. It means you cannot run "poudriere options" to
configure options for both trees. Poudriere ends with error about
nonexistent ports origin if it exists only in overlay tree and not in
the default tree.

Miroslav Lachman