Updating devel/tbb - Introducing devel/onetbb

Ganael Laplanche ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
Sun Jan 10 16:21:01 UTC 2021

On Sunday, January 10, 2021 6:29:07 AM CET Shane Ambler wrote:

Hello Shane,

> You don't have to do it all yourself, you create the bug reports to
> change tbb and to create onetbb, one report can depend on the other so
> they get committed together. My experience is being told to submit one
> report for each port, not one patch to change multiple ports.
>
> Then you create a report to say blender fails to build with your new
> port and add the report number to the Blocks list in your report. That
> leaves me to submit a patch to update blender to work with your change
> before your update can be committed. I would then add reports to update
> other dependencies that block my update.
>
> At most you submit 20 reports to say xx/yy port needs updating. There is
> devel/pybugz and ports-mgmt/freebsd-bugzilla-cli that could automate
> that but I haven't used them so can't recommend either.
>
> Then all the depends and blocks get updated together or some ports can
> get marked as broken if they fail to update in a suitable time.

OK, using Bugzilla that way will help us synchronize changes and prevent the
ports tree from having things depending on both versions.

So, finally, here is the plan:

- Create a master PR containing expected devel/tbb and devel/onetbb ports
  (with CONFLICTS). I won't commit devel/onetbb before, to avoid having new
  ports needing it while others are still not migrated.
- Attach a blocking PR for each failing port and wait for patches
- At last, commit the new port and all port changes together

That should be OK that way :)

Thanks again for help! I'll start working on that ASAP, stay tuned!

--
Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplanche at martymac.org>
http://www.martymac.org | http://contribs.martymac.org