Bind9 security upgrade

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Sun Feb 7 23:44:16 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 03:39:56PM -0800, bob prohaska wrote:

> Manual deinstall of both defective ports followed by reinstall
> of lang/perl5.32 seems to have done the trick. Now dns/bind916
> is compiling. Fingers crossed 8-)

Fixing my mangled perl installation was only step one.
Two new hurdles have emerged:

First, the default config includes docs (distinct from
man pages) which drags in a vast sea of dependencies,
some quite large (gs, for example). Turning docs off
allowed armv7 to finish building successfully in short
order.

On arm64 (Pi3) under
FreeBSD pelorus.zefox.org 13.0-ALPHA3 FreeBSD 13.0-ALPHA3 #2 stable/13-c256281-gc415d0df47f: Fri Feb  5 08:09:12 PST 2021     bob at pelorus.zefox.org:/usr/obj/usr/freebsd-src/arm64.aarch64/sys/GENERIC-MMCCAM  arm64
it looks like dialog4ports is out of whack. It doesn't
display in the usual way, the dialog box is outlined by
characters such as ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^ across the top
and < down the left margin. The background color varies,
parts white, green and  black. The display is distorted
both on the HDMI console and in an X window on the system.
It's equally but differently addled on a RaspiOS xterm.

Worse yet, when selecting <ok>, it dumps core and fails
to save changes. That's a real troublemaker. Is there
a simple way to omit docs from the build without using
dialog4ports?

Thanks for reading, and all the help so far!

bob prohaska