Handling directory ownership in pkg-plist

Chris portmaster at bsdforge.com
Sun Feb 7 19:05:05 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-07 02:18, Chris Rees wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thamks for the reply.
>
> On 7 February 2021 03:57:03 GMT, Chris <portmaster at bsdforge.com> wrote:
>> On 2021-02-06 13:34, Chris Rees wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Resurrecting audio/ampache-resurrect, and I have @owner www/@group
>> www above
>>> all
>>> of the WWWDIR files, and they are correctly owned.  However, the
>> directories
>>> under
>>> it are all still owned by root:wheel, and if I explicitly add them
>> all with
>>> @dir
>>> pkg then complains about not being able to find them.
>>>
>>> Would it be unacceptable to just have @exec chown -R www:www
>> %D/%%WWWDIR%%
>>> at the bottom?
>> Yes. By way of pre-install:
>> You'll probably get a complaint unless you use: ${CHOWN}
>
> Perhaps I was unclear- I'm referring to pkg-plist, so there is no ${CHOWN}
> there.
>
> The exact proposed line is
>
> @postexec chown -R www:www %D/%%WWWDIR%%
>
> I was wondering what the 'proper' way to do this was.
I'm wondering why it's not enough to create a post-extract that doesn't
something
like
cd ${WRKSRC}/some/dir && ${CHOWN} -R ${WWUSER}:${WWGROUP} .
Then the ports framework would create an appropriate pkg-plist based on that.
make -DBATCH makeplist would generate your target pkg-plist.

I'm paraphrasing, as I don't have your Makefile. But I've needed to perform
tasks
like myself. Out of curiosity. What does a make -DBATCH makeplist generate?
Does
the output provide the necessary clues to create a pkg-plist you're
interested in?

> Chris
--Chris