having trouble "svn up"-ing /usr/ports/

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:11:56 UTC 2021

Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong group - please point me to the proper place if
that's the case.

I updated to Current (14) on Feb 2nd from source (including running
mergemaster)

Since at least yesterday any attempt at "svn up" in /usr/ports either times
out, or rather, fails after some time (over a minute) with:
"svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '
https://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/graphics'
svn: E120108: Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the
connection."
or just "hangs", ie doesn't do anything but has one core quite busy, and
when I truss it, I see it opening /etc/ssl/cert.pem over and over again (~
10 per second)

I just checked https://cgit.freebsd.org/; ports isn't there yet, so I would
assume that svn still holds source code for me :-)

Can anyone point out where I need to investigate, or what I may be doing
wrong ... any and all hints appreciated!
thx
Michael
--
Michael Schuster