Ports INDEX

Carmel carmel_ny at outlook.com
Wed Apr 14 19:33:40 UTC 2021

I just switched from using 'portsnap' to 'git'. I removed everything in
the directory, then used 'git' to build it. That worked fine. I had to
manually recreate the 'distfiles' directory, but I expected to have to
do that.

Now, if I run a 'make search' in the directory, I receive an error
message that it needs the INDEX file. I ran "make index" and that
seems to work alright. My question is, is that the best way to handle
this? Couldn't 'git' download the INDEX file, too. I assume that
'portsnap' was doing something like that.

--
Jerry