FreeBSD Port: openhab2-2.5.11 - openhab3?

Alexander Leidinger netchild at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 11 13:01:23 UTC 2021

Quoting Thomas Gude <thgude at googlemail.com> (from Fri, 9 Apr 2021
12:11:19 +0200):

> Hi netchild,
>
> I am happily using the openhab2 port on my FreeBSD home server. The
> openHAB guys have released the new 3.0 version quite some time ago
> and I am wondering if you (or anyone else) have plans for (or are
> even already working on) a port for FreeBSD. Would be nice to get
> your feedback or thoughts on this.

Frank Preusser (in CC) has send me an openhab 3 port. I didn't had the
possibility to have a look at this. The last thing I remember is that
there were some issues still left (IIRC some java error). I'm not sure
if it migrates the openhab2 config. With openhab2 there was an update
script to update from a previous version of openhab2. I had to ...
sort of replace ... it with something similar, no idea how openhab-3
is doing this. I just remember that in the release notes it was
mentioned that they renamed from "openhab2" to "openhab".

Bye,
Alexander.
--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander at Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF