cannot git clone into /usr/ports when separate filesystem

Felix Palmen felix at palmen-it.de
Tue Apr 6 12:10:52 UTC 2021

* Marco Beishuizen <mbeis.bsd at xs4all.nl> [20210406 14:01]:
> From https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git.
> It's up since yesterday. Cloning after totally emptying /usr/ports worked
> fine, but today git complained about corrupt files in the .git subdirectory
> so I decided to start over again.

This was the first commit:
<https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/commit/?id=ed8d3eda309dd863fb66e04bccaa513eee255cbf>

It's roughly 6 hours ago now. So, if the repository appeared earlier,
I'd just assume it wasn't in its final state yet, therefore some
problems could be expected.

You should now be able to just `pull` further updates.

--
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix at palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de