cannot git clone into /usr/ports when separate filesystem

Felix Palmen felix at palmen-it.de
Tue Apr 6 11:15:46 UTC 2021

* Marco Beishuizen <mbeis.bsd at xs4all.nl> [20210406 13:09]:
> So my question is what to do next? Recreating a new .sujournal every time a
> ports tree needs to be cloned is quite annoying.

Normally, you should clone only once and use `git pull` afterwards, so
no problem here. Furthermore, if you don't really need git but just want
to keep your ports tree up to date, you might want to have a look at
net/gitup instead.

It's probably still configured to use the Github mirror for ports, so
grab the new config file (using the repo on git.freebsd.org) from here:
<https://github.com/johnmehr/gitup/blob/main/gitup.conf>

--
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix at palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de