No update for a day on ports?

Felix Palmen felix at palmen-it.de
Sat Apr 3 20:35:46 UTC 2021

* Mark Millard via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports at freebsd.org> [20210403 10:02]:
> Felix Palmen felix at palmen-it.de wrote on
> > There was an announcement to deprecate it, but it's still built with
> > releng/13 so far, and I'd be surprised if the snapshots for it wouldn't
> > be available any more. Deprecation of portsnap AFAIK isn't directly
> > related to moving to git. (someone correct me please if I'm wrong)
>
> /usr/sbin/portsnap is just a shell script:
--snip--

Please see the original announcement for context:
<https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2020-August/119098.html>

In a nutshell: It was *planned* to no longer build portsnap by default
in 13. Now, it's still built, so I assume that's intentional and
snapshots will still be available (for some time).

These snapshots aren't provided by SVN, therefore I doubt having ports
in GIT will cause any technical trouble creating them?

Side note: your postings have no meaningful References and therefore
don't show up in the correct location in the thread, maybe check your
mail client? And please don't CC me, I'm reading the list.

--
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix at palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de