No update for a day on ports?

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 06:01:27 UTC 2021

On 2021-Apr-2, at 20:24, The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 07:45:56AM +0600, Muhammad Moinur Rahman wrote:
>> Once it is publicly mentioned that the conversion is completed run the following command:
>>
>> sed -e '/github.com/d' -e 's/freebsd\/freebsd-//g' /usr/local/etc/gitup.conf
>>
>> then do `gitup ports`
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Moin

>>> So what patch is needed to fix the ports issue?

>>> . . .
>>

> 50/50 .
>
> FreeBSD 13.0-RC workstation works.
>
> Ns2 works
>
> ns1 is hung up.

So far I'm unable to interpret the above as a reply
to Moin's text. 50/50? Ns2? ns1? 13.0-RC<missing?>?
How does that match up to the sed suggestion?

Also, the conversion has not been made accessible
yet from what I can tell. For example,

https://cgit.freebsd.org/

lists "doc" and "src" but not (yet) "ports".
So, likely:

https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git
and:
ssh://anongit@git.freebsd.org/ports.git

are also not working notations yet.

Thus, removing github.com references in a way that
would try to use one of the above would mean not
finding a ports repository at all (yet). (Justifying
Moin's "Once it is publicly mentioned that the
conversion is completed . . ." wording?)

(I've no clue if the specifics of the sed suggestion
are correct or not.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com