No update for a day on ports?

Steve Wills steve at mouf.net
Fri Apr 2 14:47:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 4/2/21 9:44 AM, The Doctor via freebsd-ports wrote:

> Then the question is : Moving forward, how do we update
> the ports?

There are a number of ways. You can use the prebuilt git package or one
of it's variants or substitutes. If you prefer to build git yourself,
you can use the upstream source or fetch the ports tree tar from:

https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/ports/ports/

and use that to build git. Or you could simply delete your tree and
re-fetch the tarball each time you update, if you prefer. I'm sure there
are others I'm forgetting, but either way the choice is yours.

Cheers,

Steve