git-tiny or git-lite - Re: No update for a day on ports?

Piotr Smyrak piotr at smyrak.com
Fri Apr 2 10:54:26 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 12:31:30 +0200 (CEST)
Ronald Klop <ronald-lists at klop.ws> wrote:

> I like pkg install git-tiny or git-lite sooooo much more. If I
> install git I don't see why I need to install subversion as a
> dependency. And 50+ other direct or indirect dependencies.

Please note that packages are just build with port default values. You
can have devel/git with no subversion dependency, yet this requires
building the port and choosing not to build subversion.

Since the project relied on subversion for years, that was a natural
choice. Perhaps this may change in the future.

--
 Piotr Smyrak