No update for a day on ports?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Apr 1 18:22:08 UTC 2021

On 01 Apr 2021, at 01:54, Milan Obuch <freebsd-ports at dino.sk> wrote:
> This is unpleasant move for me. This means git or equivalent (and
> dependencies) must be installed on any box where tracking ports tree is
> planned/needed... and no tool like svnlite could be expected in base
> system for some time.

You only need to install git if you are going to keep git commit hostly and branches of the ports, which  you would already be doing if that was something you needed, I'd think. Simply updating the ports tree does not require installing git.

> So I need some work on my local infrastructure to adjust to this move.

I don't think so, I am pulling the ports tree from the git repo without git installed.

 # portmaster -l | grep git
===>>> gitup-0.90_1
 #

--
I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to
	take *me* out and do *whatever I wanted*. Now I wanna dance, I