Port's OpenSSL 1.1.1k, 1 on FreeBSD 11-STABLE shows strange error (Inappropriate ioctl for device) on handshake (Server-side)

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Thu Apr 1 15:24:41 UTC 2021

On 01/04/2021 00:10, Lev Serebryakov wrote:

>   System is 11.4-STABLE r366937.
>
>   I've ports built with OpenSSL from ports
> (DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl). After upgrade to latest 1.1.1k,1 my
> nginx reject HTTPS connections with cryptic
>
> SSL_do_handshake() failed (SSL: error:02015019:system
> library:ioctl:Inappropriate ioctl for device error:1427D044:SSL
> routines:construct_stateless_ticket:internal error error:02015019:system
> library:ioctl:Inappropriate ioctl for device)
>
>   What happens? What did I do wrong?
>
>   Previous OpenSSL version worked without problem.

We are using FreeBSD 11.4 with port's OpenSSL too. Already deployed
newer version of OpenSSL on all machines without any troubles. (Apache /
Nginx / Lighttpd / Postfix / ProFTPd and some other openssl library
consumers)

Do you have any special SSL / TLS configuration in nginx.conf? (protocol
version, ciphers etc.)

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman