No update for a day on ports?

Milan Obuch freebsd-ports at dino.sk
Thu Apr 1 07:54:20 UTC 2021

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:47:04 +0200, Mathieu Arnold <mat at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 09:16:15AM +0200, Milan Obuch wrote:
> > Also, what about svn mirror, as is done for src repository, for 11
> > and 12 branches at least? I did not tried it recently, but it used
> > to work. For some boxes, adding git to the mix would be big PITA.
>
> There will be no Git to Subversion conversion for ports, like for
> docs. The only reason there is for the base system on 11 and 12 is
> because Subversion was the source control software used when they
> were released.

This is unpleasant move for me. This means git or equivalent (and
dependencies) must be installed on any box where tracking ports tree is
planned/needed... and no tool like svnlite could be expected in base
system for some time.

So I need some work on my local infrastructure to adjust to this move.
C'est la vie...

Regards,
Milan