Need help: nearly complete port of GitHub CLI

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 19 10:35:32 UTC 2020

I have tried to create a port for the recently announced GitHub CLI 1.0.

What I got so far can be downloaded from:

	https://people.freebsd.org/~se/ports/github-cli-port.tar.bz2

The GH_TUPLE list of the dependencies was the part that caused most
effort, but it should be correct and complete, AFAICT.

The port is nearly ready, but there is a compilation error which
appears to be caused by a missing architecture dependent definition:

# github.com/muesli/termenv
vendor/github.com/muesli/termenv/termenv_unix.go:76:9: readfds.Bits
undefined (type syscall.FdSet has no field or method Bits)
vendor/github.com/muesli/termenv/termenv_unix.go:87:12: readfds.Bits
undefined (type syscall.FdSet has no field or method Bits)
*** Error code 2

Another missing function could be fixed by copying over the Linux
specific definition, but I assume it should apply to FreeBSD, too
(see the post-extract target in the Makefile).

Since I do not know much about Go, I'm stuck, but think it should
be very easy to get the missing definition fixed for somebody with
some knowledge of Go and its build infrastructure.

More issues may exist, but since I'm stuck with the compiler error
that prevents building of the binary, I can't tell ...

Any help is highly appreciated ...

Regards, STefan