OpenJDK ports and 13-CURRENT

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 10 22:57:46 UTC 2020

On 10 Oct 2020, at 21:49, Shawn Webb <shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 09:45:58PM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>> On 10 Oct 2020, at 21:23, Shawn Webb <shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org> wrote:
>>> Log of the HardenedBSD 13-CURRENT/amd64 package
>>> build:http://ci-03.md.hardenedbsd.org/data/hardenedbsd-13_amd64-local/2020-10-09_14h46m02s/logs/errors/openjdk12-12.0.2+10.4_1.log
>> Ah, that is -fno-common fallout, strange that there is no build breakage
>> reported in the FreeBSD ports build cluster?

Ok, the -fno-common problems were already fixed by upstream in:

https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/6925fca95959
https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/9e54ea7d9cd9

but these apparently weren't ported back to openjdk 12.

The port also needed a fix for the awt wrapper for XSynchronize using
the wrong return type, e.g. it should use jlong instead of jint. This
should be upstreamed to the OpenJDK folks, as it is really a bug in the
JDK itself.

Can you try the attached patch? I haven't yet looked at openjdk 13 and
up, but I assume they will need at least the XSynchronize fix, and maybe
the above ones, if the upstream branches were made after 2020-02-05.

-Dimitry