Poudriere/PREFIX breakage?

Mathieu Arnold mat at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 6 10:49:05 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 11:30:36PM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> Hi, all. I just spun up a Poudriere build server, building 2020Q4 for 12.1
> amd64. I set PREFIX=/opt in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf and a
> number of things broke, but a number didn't. When I killed the build, as
> clearly there's something wrong, I had 29 successful builds and 19
> failures, and a number of skips given that gettext-tools was one of the
> failures.

What problem are you trying to fix by setting PREFIX=/opt ?  If it is to
test what breaks with a non standard prefix, you need to use poudriere
testport with the `-P` argument.

If the goal is to have what is usually in /usr/local in /opt, then you
do not need to set PREFIX, but you must set LOCALBASE instead.

--
Mathieu Arnold