editors/openoffice-4 compile error

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Sat Nov 28 19:59:12 UTC 2020

On 11/27/20 8:29 PM, Don Lewis wrote:
> [...]
> What FreeBSD version and architecture?  What ports tree revision?
> Anything unusual in make.conf or non-default option settings?
>
> The package builders are not seeing this, and I'm not seeing this on my
> 11.4-STABLE and fairly recent 13-CURRENT builds on amd64 or i386.
>
> The actual error is much earlier. I think the "error 65280" comes from
> the perl wrapper script that builds the individual modules.  As a first
> cut, try searching the log for the string "error: ".
> [...]

FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p10, amd64, perl5.30.  Ports at 556447.  The build
log is at https://m5p.com/public/george/openoffice-typescript.xz
The build for aoo-4.1.8/main/ucb/source/ucp/ftp, starting at line 85945,
contains a whole slew of "infinite recursion" warnings and "&& with
constant operand" warnings, but I couldn't find an actual error to save
my life (though to my eye those warnings look like actual bugs).
-- George