Donation to Foundation for Poudriere /opt builds! (Bounty?)

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Fri Nov 27 15:34:36 UTC 2020

On Sun, Nov 01, 2020 at 06:30:32PM -0500, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> Hey all. I want to have Poudriere build packages that build and install to
> /opt instead of /usr/local. I'm not managing to do it on my own, so I've
> thought of a creative solution. If folks on this list can help me get it to
> work, I'll promise three things:
>
> 1. I'll make a $50 donation to the FreeBSD Foundation in exchange for the
> help, and, related,

I've just made the promised donation, although since I'm asking for a
matching donation from work it'll probably be slow arriving. But it'll
arrive.

We figured out the hurdles to getting the build to work in theory. That
said, a number of packages clearly ignore LOCALBASE being set to something
other than /usr/local, and will need bugs filed, so I wasn't able to
actually get a usable set of packages built.

Remaining action:

1. I'll document what I had to do for this to work, which includes one
modification to Poudriere itself to get working pathing in the build jail.

2. I need to at least file bugs for broken packages, but ideally devise
patches to submit along with the bugs.

Thanks, everyone who weighed in.

--
Mason Loring Bliss          mason at blisses.org          Ewige Blumenkraft!
awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep; -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I