devel/ruby-gems strange ?

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Mon Nov 23 08:13:51 UTC 2020

From: KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri at truefc.org>
Subject: devel/ruby-gems strange ?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:09:58 +0900

> Hi all,
>
> devel/ruby-gems can't install because of rack of stuffs:

(snip)

> Is this ruby-gems corrupted ?

Yes, currently devel/ruby-gems is broken with lang/ruby30. While
version of devel/ruby-gems is 3.0.8, version of rubygems bundled in
3.0.0-preview1 is 3.2.0.rc1. So the reason of breakge may be that
3.0.8 isn't compatible with Ruby 3.0. Since 3.2.0 isn't released yet I
tried to update devel/ruby-gems to 3.1.4. But another and worse
problem happened. 3.1.4 fails to install with any version of ruby in
ports tree. And I'm in stuck at this status. Probably some hacks are
necessary but unfortunately I haven't found it yet.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA