Donation to Foundation for Poudriere /opt builds! (Bounty?)

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Sun Nov 1 23:30:36 UTC 2020

Hey all. I want to have Poudriere build packages that build and install to
/opt instead of /usr/local. I'm not managing to do it on my own, so I've
thought of a creative solution. If folks on this list can help me get it to
work, I'll promise three things:

1. I'll make a $50 donation to the FreeBSD Foundation in exchange for the
help, and, related,

2. I'll get my employer to match it, so that'll be a total of $100 going to
the Foundation for helping me to get this working, and then,

3. I'll organize what we come up with and write up comprehensive, usable
docs in the FreeBSD wiki about what it takes to get it going.

Thanks in advance!

A couple notes: I don't care if as a bootstrap the Poudriere server itself
has to use /usr/local, but I should be able to build a second Poudriere box
using packages built on the first that doesn't have access to /usr/local.
Also, I want this to properly build with /opt or whatever set in PREFIX or
wherever it needs to be, so tricks with symlinks or similar, while cute,
are right out. I find that even after reading the docs, I'm still a little
fuzzy on how PREFIX, DESTDIR, and LOCALBASE are related:

    https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-prefix.html

Here's where I left things after my last attempt, although there were a
bunch of iterations and variations before this.

    $ cat /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
    PREFIX=/opt
    LOCALBASE=/usr/local
    LICENSES_ACCEPTED+=HPLIP_PLUGIN
    PATH:=$PATH:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/testmarker

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason at blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I