Are broken ports retested before performing scheduled removal?

Edward Sanford Sutton, III mirror176 at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 23:27:23 UTC 2020

  games/oneko was recently removed as it was marked broken due to being
unfetchable. I tried an old copy of the ports tree I had where it was
marked as such and `make fetch -DTRYBROKEN` succeeded. Was there an
error recorded for this and was it ever retested? Is this just a side
effect of having a failure and no maintainer?
  If being removed as unfetchable, wouldn't a better MOVED entry be to
say it was unfetchable (for more than 6 months) instead of just broken
for more than 6 months?
Thanks for feedback