stable postgresql11 appears to have issues

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Jun 26 23:23:55 UTC 2020

On 6/26/20 3:52 PM, Donald Wilde wrote:
> On 6/26/20, Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt at burggraben.net> wrote:
>> ## Donald Wilde (dwilde1 at gmail.com):
>>
>>> I ran into an issue, documented in the attachments, that seems to
>>> point to some quantity that does not include version 8 of the port,
>>> only 1 - 7. Being a tidy soul, I used make clean first and that
>>> resulted in a rebuild of LLVM90 as well.
>> This report misses some vital information - e.g. what version of
>> FreeBSD this is (and I'm only guessing this is on amd64), which
>> would give some clue what the base compiler is. The attachments
>> are somewhat incomplete, too - did you even have a look at
>> llvm90_makeinstall.txt? Especially the configure output from
>> PostgreSQL could have been helpful.
> Christoph, please bear with me. It's been long enough since I worked
> with FreeBSD that I don't even know what "vital information" I'm not
> giving you. I'm peddling as fast as I can, and loving every minute,
> but I'm not "there" yet.

out of curiosity is there a reason why you are building locally versus
using the pre-built binary packages?  I use the prebuilt postgresql
binaries for development and production systems, so unless their is an
option missing in the default pkg I'd highly recommend going that route.

(look for all postgresql11 pkgs available)
$ pkg search postgresql11

(install psql server for example)
$ pkg install postgresql11-server

cheers,