WITH_META_MODE and poudriere: *.meta files, where?

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Tue Jun 23 11:08:35 UTC 2020

Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 8:56 PM Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org> wrote:

>> I do have activated 'WITH_META_MODE=yes' in <path to>/poudriere.d/src-env.conf [1].
>>
>> Now, I would like to double-check if poudriere is following my "advice". For buildworld I do find *.meta files in /usr/obj/…, but I do not have any clue where poudriere would keep this information for subsequent compilations?
>>

> The is some information here
> https://xmj.github.io/articles/sysadmin/builds_ccache_memcached.html
> and link to a presentation with more about (among otter things)  metamode.

Hmm, but that information doesn't help me regarding my question above:

Where does poudriere store .meta files during compilations?

META_MODE doesn't make sense, IMHO, if this information isn't stored somewhere before being reused in subsequent compilations of a given port. Or am I mistaken?

Regards,
Michael