My first port

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Mon Jun 22 01:01:18 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 4:11 PM Nikolaj Thygesen
<mailinglist at diamondbox.dk> wrote:

> Hi freebsd-ports,
>
>         I'm trying to create my first port and things are taking shape, but I'm down to one little detail making me feel a bit dirty. The port is based on the latest release of swi-prolog, which has switched to cmake/ninja. My final issue is that the pkg-conf-.pc file gets installed in PREFIX/share/pkgconfig instead of PREFIX/libdata/pkgconfig, but I can't find the best way to maneuver it into the right directory.
>         My current hack-ish solution has been to add to pkg-plist a line like:
>
>                 @sample share/pkgconfig/swipl.pc libdata/pkgconfig/swipl.pc
>
> ... which actually works, but it feels wrong. Is there a better more standard way to do this?

If you can't find and patch the location in the cmake files (like
Muhammad advised), the easiest solution is to move it in post-install.
But Muhammad's solution is the best option and you should shoot for
that first.

post-install:
    ${MV} ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/share/pkgconfig/swipl.pc
${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/libdata/pkgconfig

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger