Gracefully killing and restarting a port build....

Jose Quinteiro freebsd at quinteiro.org
Wed Jul 8 22:54:01 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-08 14:53, bob prohaska wrote:

> AIUI, screen runs until the session terminates and then stops...

I'm a tmux user now, but I never experienced this behavior when I used
screen. Screen was my go-to workaround for a flaky Internet connection
to the host I was trying to manage. Tmux certainly does not exhibit this
behavior. You may have to detach a session before you can reattach to
it, but that's it.

> think screen would have quit as well. Just why ssh connections keep breaking
> is a mystery of long standing...

Have you set a ServerAliveInterval in your ssh config file?
http://man.openbsd.org/ssh_config#ServerAliveInterval

HTH,
Jose