need help with a poudriere build error of the port math/maxima

Thierry Thomas thierry at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 6 20:23:47 UTC 2020

Le lun.  6 juil. 20 à 20:06:47 +0200, Robert Cina <transitive at gmail.com>
 écrivait :

> Hi, I need help with creating a patch for a poudriere build error I'm
> experiencing for the port math/maxima using 12.1 stable amd64.

Hello,

> I have filed a bug #247805 for the issue and was told there is no
> maintainer for this port and I should create a patch for it myself. The
> only problem is I don't know where to start to debug the specific error in
> question.

I have not yet tested the committed version, but previously I tested the
version proposed in Phabricator at:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/rP541227
and it built fine, either in poudriere or as a port in my workstation
(I´m still using it to run Sage).

I guess that this failure is surely caused by some modification in an
external dependency, but this is a good point to start.

This port is strongly related to lang/ecl, and when I built it, it was
with the patch from:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/rP541226

Thanks for taking care!
--