Fwd: unifi5, mongodb and python2

Ronald Klop ronald-lists at klop.ws
Mon Jul 6 19:16:04 UTC 2020

Yes, I'm testing stuff.

Unifi5 runs with mongodb40 for some time now in my house setup.
But I had issues upgrading to mongodb42. Which I'm looking into. It seems to work in my current setup.
I got a little bit swamped by all the different versions of unifi5, mongodb and a jail which was connecting to the server of the host which did not help. :-)

In the meantime there were updates to mongodb ports which I test-compiled on my RPI3 which takes a loooooong time to build.

Interesting setups:
unifi5 mongodb36 clean install  (Works)
unifi5 mongodb40 clean install
unifi5 mongodb42 clean install

unifi5 mongodb40 upgrade from mongodb36  (Works)
unifi5 mongodb42 upgrade from mongodb40
unifi5 mongodb42 upgrade from mongodb36

What I find interesting is that Unifi does "setting mongodb features compatibility version to 3.6". This should not be possible on 4.2 because Mongodb only supports 1 version back. I saw errors/crashes about this, but can't reproduce it. Which might have to do with my jail-problems mentioned above.

If somebody beats me to test the different combinations of the software and creates PRs, please do. I hope to find some time this or next week.

Regards,

Ronald.