Updating py27-* ports

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sat Jul 4 16:23:13 UTC 2020

On 04 Jul 2020, at 08:30, Carmel <carmel_ny at outlook.com> wrote:
> I see that you are putting it all on one line. That is probably easier.
> I like the separate entries technique simply because I find it easier
> to read myself or quickly comment out an entry.

I agree that separate lines have advantages. When making changes I tend to go to multiple lines, then collapse back to a single line when I have a stable set.

> What I have never been able to get a definitive answer to is exactly
> what the "+" does or if it is even needed, I have seen
> 'default_versions" both with and without it.

+= adds the option, = set it.

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=foo bar sing
$DEFAULT_VERSIONS foo bar sing

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=max
$DEFAULT_VERSIONS foo bar sing max

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=sam
$DEFAULT_VERSIONS sam

--
Please to meet you, Rose. Now run for your life!