why does pkg try to install an older version of pkg ?

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Sat Jul 4 14:57:49 UTC 2020

## Kurt Jaeger (pi at opsec.eu):

> > You could grab packagesite.txz from your repo, untar that and then
> > grep '"name":"pkg"' packagesite.yaml
> > Any brokenness in /var/db/pkg/ ?
>
> How would I recognize brokenness ? The files that should be there
> are there.

I'm afraid I have to go full Anna Karenina here: all happy machines
are alike, each unhappy machine is unhappy in it's own way.
I was thinking along the lines of left over files (yeah, that's a
recurring theme here, I've spent way to much time chasing problems
and finding editor backup files and the like in "include directory"/
"conf.d" like settings). Perhaps truncated files, broken sqlite
database files, that stuff.

> Status-update: Our package builder (repo.nepustil.net) finished
> build for a new pkg-repo, and now the upgrade went through without
> regression to pkg-1.10.5_1 8-}

Then I'll assume that your repo was more stale than you thought :)

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space