sqlite3 update to 3.31.0 breaks firefox and thunderbird

David Marec david.marec at davenulle.org
Mon Jan 27 19:31:47 UTC 2020

Le 27/01/2020 à 06:06, Tobias C. Berner a écrit :

> This should likely be added to firefox:
> https://hg.mozilla.org/try/rev/8d7104bac33729b4da67954b07fb08371df39bd8

Finally, it sounds that the sqlite team will do review their API to
ensure backward compatibility.

https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/34ab760689fd493e

:
 >> It turns out that some important 3rd-party software does
questionable >> pointer manipulations on those filenames that depend on
that legacy >> layout. Technically, this is a misuse of SQLite by the
3rd-party
 >> software, but we want to avoid unnecessary breakage

Thanks, even if I think they are in a way being too soft in this case.

--
David Marec
http://poudriere.lapinbilly.eu/