py-scipy (and others) with openblas

Xavier xavier at groumpf.org
Sun Jan 26 13:03:19 UTC 2020

On 25/01/2020 16:38, starikarp at dismail.de wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 14:07:57 +0100
> Xavier <xavier at groumpf.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I looked at the posts from 22/01 about cblas/openblas, and ran in the
>> very same problem. So I delete cblas, and let openblas running an
>> upgrade. But pkg check -Bd show e an error, which is not fixed by
>> rebuilding py37-numpy (twice):
>>
>>> py37-scipy is missing a required shared library: libopenblas.so
>>
>> The library exists :
>>> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel        16 Jan 25 11:59
>>> /usr/local/lib/libopenblas.so@ -> libopenblas.so.0 -rwxr-xr-x  1
>>> root  wheel  31038608 Jan 25 11:59 /usr/local/lib/libopenblas.so.0*
>>
>> What can I do now ?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Xavier
>>

> I have same old work with py37-scipy and everything works...
> I try the example from now and it works.
> Please, check the attached jpg.

Yes, indeed it works, because it is not a dependency problem, but a
problem in pkg database, I verified it with a port exhibiting the
problem, for which I'm sure there's shared libs :

> [root at numenor ~]# pkg check -Bd suitesparse
> Checking suitesparse: 100%
> suitesparse is missing a required shared library: libopenblas.so
But, when checking manually :
> [root at numenor ~]# pkg list suitesparse |grep \.so$ |xargs ldd|grep openblas
>         libopenblas.so => /usr/local/lib/libopenblas.so (0x801c00000)
>         libopenblas.so => /usr/local/lib/libopenblas.so (0x801a00000)
>         libopenblas.so => /usr/local/lib/libopenblas.so (0x801600000)

In conclusion, I can safely ignore those errors
I dunno whether the problem is in the packaging of the concerned port,
or openblas. So, I Cc the maintainers

Regards,

Xavier

--
Xavier Humbert - sysadmin & network engineer