When to use TMPPLIST instead of pkg-plist?

Mateusz Piotrowski 0mp at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 29 10:02:05 UTC 2020

On 2/29/20 12:15 AM, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 10:06:19PM +0100, Mateusz Piotrowski wrote:
>> Do we have any (perhaps unwritten) policy for when to use TMPPLIST? And when
>> should a port maintainer stick to pkg-plist?
> We do not.  A port maintainer should stick to pkg-plist.

That's what I thought.

Is there a reason for it? Does it all boil down to that fact that
pkg-plist is much more explicit and easier to debug/review? Or there is
another reason?

Cheers,

Mateusz