Cannot build qt5-webkit with debug

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Feb 25 16:27:52 UTC 2020

Michael Osipov wrote on 2020/02/25 11:16:
> Am 2020-02-24 um 22:52 schrieb Miroslav Lachman:
>> Michael Osipov wrote on 2020/02/24 21:40:
>>> Am 2020-02-24 um 20:56 schrieb Miroslav Lachman:
>>
>> [..]

>>> Can you also please provide the backtrace from lldb for this core dump?
>>
>> lldb backtrace
>> https://hastebin.com/ovufejevil.bash
>>
>>> Surprisingly, the last call is:
>>>>

>>> which comes from ICU. The entire website has been read from the
>>> socket, as you can see from the read in 2246.
>>> Maybe it to convert the "charset=iso-8859-2" to LC_ALL value.
>>>
>>> I would recommend to have a simple server built in PHP or Python and
>>> try the simplest site possible w/o CSS and then add one w/o fonts first.
>>
>> I tried it on the simplest web page without any fonts, css etc. but it
>> is still crashing. I removed the charset from the page so it is now not
>> using ICU.
>>
>> https://hastebin.com/iyonapasuz.bash
>>
>> Let me know if I can try anything else.
>
> OK, it is getting closer.
>
> The crash comes from this call:
> https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit/blob/qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha3/Source/WebCore/css/CSSParser.cpp#L6907
>

> Can you commet comment this line, recompile qtwebkit and see what happens?

I commented out the line number 6907 and rebuilding qt5-webkit now but
it will take about 3 hours.

> Either this line:
> https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit/blob/qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha3/Source/WebCore/css/CSSParser.cpp#L6897
>
> does not work properly or this is broken:
> https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit/blob/qtwebkit-5.212.0-alpha3/Source/WebCore/css/CSSValuePool.cpp#L121-L134
>

> I'd like to see to see the content of familyName when passed. Either via
> breakpoint or with std::cout. Unfortunately, my C++ knowledge is
> minimal. I recommend to write a minimal C++ app with a function call and
> signature "const String& str" and then pass the string [1]. Since this
> is a custom type, I don't know whether cout will work. You have to try.
>
> Michael
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/adobe/webkit/blob/master/Source/WTF/wtf/text/WTFString.h

It is out of my knowledge.

I will try it with newly rebuilt qt5-webkit and report soon. Then I will
try to find how to track it with breakpoints in debuger.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman