freebsd-ports Digest, Vol 874, Issue 1

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 24 16:37:33 UTC 2020

On 2020 febula d. 24id 13:00:05 CET freebsd-ports-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 12:48:11 +0100
> From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz>
> To: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
> Subject: Cannot build qt5-webkit with debug
>
> Short story:
> I am trying to build qt5-webkit with WITH_DEBUG=yes in make.conf on our
> E3 Xeon machine with FreeBSD 11.3, poudriere-devel, 16GB of RAM and 10GB
> of swap.

That's very optimistic of you. Both WebKit and -- worse -- WebEngine are
*huge*. I wouldn't even bother starting on this with only 32GB of RAM. Note
also that the resulting debug files may be larger than 4GB, and that breaks
down on some filesystems.

I thought there was a PR about this, too, but I can't find it all that
quickly.

Note, too, that WebKit is considered obsolete, and it's not receiving much
(any?) attention.

[ade] (sorry, no positive-useful contributions today)