Why is pkg version taking so long?

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:19:49 UTC 2020

Today I ran "pkg version -vl\<" to see what ports had been updated. This
usually ran in a few seconds. Today it had provided no output after a much
longer time and I noticed it was running a "make flavors-package-names" on
a large number of the ports installed; perhaps all of them. It ran for over
2 minutes.

Did I clobber a cache of some sort? Can it be fixed? Is this a bug?
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com