Starting with poudriere

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Sun Feb 16 18:18:36 UTC 2020

Dan McGrath writes:
 > [...] I am not sure about repo priorities, or how you would deal
 > with conflicts with build options that pull in common ports. It is
 > something I have been meaning to look into, sorry! Perhaps someone else
 > here can give some advice?

One way to solve this is via "portshaker", which can layer a "thin"
ports tree on top of the standard tree.

Here's a [perhaps not entirely graceful, but It Works For Me] example
where I layer a couple of ports onto the standard tree.

https://github.com/hartzell/freebsd-ports

I use the resulting tree for poudriere builds and populate jails with
e.g. my LMS audio system.

g.