Starting with poudriere

John Kennedy warlock at phouka.net
Sun Feb 16 05:31:45 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 09:02:39PM -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2020, at 16:32, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for the rather basic questions.
>
> Thanks everyone for your comments. One more dumb question I can???t find the answer to.
>
> Let???s say I want to build and install a single port via poudrier. For the same of argument some port that has configuration options I want to change.
>
> I have the ports tree setup, have my jail setup, and I want to build it.
>
> And then I want to deploy it to the target machine once it???s built.
>
> Or I want to deploy to to the local machine.
>
> Let???s say, for fun, it???s something like ImageMafick that has a lot that goes with it.
>
> Am I writing a config file for this every port I want to build?

Personally, I have a single, custom make.conf that I maintain and shove into
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d (default location I believe).

Inside the make.conf, you can bracket non-default options like this:

	.if ${.CURDIR:M*/ftp/curl}
	OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET +=	TLS_SRP
	.endif

I try to leave things as default, generally, but libressl isn't the default and
things go a bit sideways from there some days.

Those options I pull from /var/db/ports after I do a "make config" (be sure to
clean out /var/db/ports when you're done).  Pay attention to the packages where
you change the defaults and put the minimum number of options in (for example,
you may need to set your new value and unset the old, default value).

Before that, I was trying to sync /var/db/ports across various machines and
that was way more messy (I think that was pre-poudriere, in the synth or even
portmaster days where things wanted to have config files, even if they were
only filled with the default values).