Starting with poudriere

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sat Feb 15 23:32:45 UTC 2020

I’ve setup a new FreeBSD 12.1 system and am going to give poudriere a whirl on it.

The machine is currently setup as a two drive zfs mirror and I have used pkg to install a few basic things (sudo, zsh, poudriere itself, etc).

I am reading through <https://wiki.freebsd.org/VladimirKrstulja/Guides/Poudriere#A3._Create_the_list_of_ports_wanted_in_the_repo> and I have some questions.

First, the example of says that if we don’t change any options, the defaults will be used. OK, but it makes no mention on how we might change or set options? Is this simply talking about the build options panels that sometimes come up (Build examples, support ssl, use sqlite or MySQL, etc), and when I first go to build a “persistent list” those option screens will come up and I can make changes and they will be saved? Or is there something else that I need to do?

Second, let's say that I want to setup the machine to build postfix, dovecot, apache, pigeonhole, marisadb, postfixadmin, rpoundcube, and horde all in on “persistent list” since all of these pacajkges are need to do mail and webmail, do I simply list the packages in a single file the way the page lists www/firefox?

Once I have poudriere setup and running and I’m comfortable with it, do I need to do anything to have it “take over” sudo and anything else that I installed via pkg?

Sorry for the rather basic questions.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but why would anyone want to see Snow White and