portmaster new development

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Mon Dec 28 23:49:49 UTC 2020

On 29/12/20 00:07, Tatsuki Makino wrote:
> Where should I hang out to reply? :)
>
> poudriere has weaknesses in updating packages such as libxml and glib.
> When run all at once, all packages that depend on the package being updated and all packages that depend on the package being removed will be removed.
> The text is not clear :), but qt5-webkit and webkit2-gtk3 are removed, and the time-consuming build begins.
This is intentional behaviour, hand there are good reasons for this.

Anyway poudriere has the CHECK_CHANGED_DEPS option which can be disabled
and should restrict this behavior. I have never tested it though, I
don't think the risk of getting and incoherent repo is worth it.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>