portmaster new development

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sun Dec 27 10:16:40 UTC 2020

Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> El día domingo, diciembre 27, 2020 a las 09:22:42a. m. +0100, Kurt Jaeger escribió:

>> That works as well. I have a checkout of the ports tree, use
>> make config to define non-default port options. This stores the
>> selected OPTIONs in /var/db/ports/, and poudriere uses those options
>> just fine.

> Re/ the options, I copy them into the jail with something like this
> procedure:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/mail/mutt
> # make config
>
> # mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/freebsd-head-options/mail_mutt
> # cp /var/db/ports/mail_mutt/options /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/freebsd-head-options/mail_mutt
>
> 'freebsd-head' is the name of the poudriere jail (I have some of them)
> and the ports options stay there, as well the make.conf options in
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/freebsd-head-make.conf

I am following stable, and my jail's name has been set to stable.

All of poudriere's settings/configs are kept in:

	/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d

Whenever I do feel the need for non-default port options, I do use poudriere's functionality to define and store those options:

	poudriere options -n -j stable mail/postfix

These non-default options are then put into:

	/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/stable-options/mail_postfix

This way one can keep separate options for different jails in one space. But, there are obviously different approaches possible ;-)

Regards,
Michael