lang/gauche 0.9.10

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sat Dec 19 20:01:20 UTC 2020

Am 17.12.20 um 21:24 schrieb Lassi Kortela:
> Hello,
>
> Here's a patch to update the Gauche port to version 0.9.10, released a
> few days ago. There's a commit message on top of the patch.
>
> This is my first port submission of any kind so a quick review by an
> experienced porter would be much appreciated. I ran `make makeplist` to
> regenerate pkg-plist, hand-editing a few things afterwards. portlint
> gave no warnings. The interpreter seems to work, man pages and GNU info
> files are readable; in particular, I tested HTTPS using mbedTLS.
>
> KR,
> Lassi

Hi Lassi,

Thanks for your first patch, and congrats: It applies fine against the
port :)

I build tested it a bit and found some minor issues, for which I
prepared an updated version of your patch, see attachment. In this
updated patch the most important differences against your patch are:

- Defining a variable ABI_VERSION=0.97 for the changes in the
post-install target and for pkg-plist. This should make it more readable?

- manpages should be installed using OPTION MANPAGES. I put it to the
default options. One can enable and disable it per 'make config'

- The bash replacement for src/gen-features.sh is not needed (sh already)

- The URL in pkg-descr should better begin with https (secured)

I would suggest, that you open a PR in Bugzilla [1]. That would make it
much easier for committers to test and subsequently commit your patch ;)
 If you have questions about how to proceed, please feel free and ask.

[1] https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/

Last but not least: No port should be orphaned. Would you like to take
maintainership of the port?
More information about port maintainership is available at:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/contributing/ports-contributing.html#maintain-port

Best wishes,
Rainer