python 2.7 marked as deprecated and EOL while 2.7.18 RC is available

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:54:47 UTC 2020

If you actually use inkscape, can you try inkscape with python37 an confirm
whether or not it works? My guess is that it does not,  but it does run and
at least works to some degree. Maybe everything works. (Hope springs
eternal.)

I suspect you know this, but you can just edit the Makefile to remove
":2.7" from the dependencies and then rebuild the port.

As for gnumeric (which I actually care about), I think just deleting the
post-install in the Makefile might do the trick. post-install will clearly
fail with a non-python27 build.

Again, scon is the big one and looks like a candidate for FLAVORS.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com