python 2.7 marked as deprecated and EOL while 2.7.18 RC is available

Dima Pasechnik dimpase+freebsd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 23:57:51 UTC 2020

scons ought to be updated to version 3 (the latest is 3.1.2), and
supports both python 2.7+ and 3.5+

lilypond is another story - noone seems to have bitten the bullet and
ported it to Python 3.
But I don't see a problem in keeping Python 2.7 available for some
time in FreeBSD - it just should stop being default one.